FLYER REVIEW CRITERIA
The Gardner Edgerton School District reviews materials requests from community-based, non-profit and for-profit organizations on an ongoing basis. The word "flyer" includes, but is not limited to: poster, pamphlet, brochure or catalog.
The program/activity flier must serve public school-age students in Gardner Edgerton USD 231. All informational or promotional materials must be consistent with the educational nature of the District. Content must be appropriate for people of all ages and may not contain anything of a nature or intent that is obscene, profane, vulgar, prurient, defamatory, abusive, sexual, discriminatory, or that promotes services not suitable for persons under the age of 18.
Approved promotional flyers for summer camps, athletic and recreational events, and non-school youth organizations will be made available on this site, but will not be sent home with students. Materials promoting or advertising commercial services or products will not be accepted. USD 231 Board Policy - KI.
WHAT TO SUBMIT
All flyers must include the following disclaimer: The Gardner Edgerton School District does not sponsor or endorse the activities and/or information in community flyers.
- A final version of your materials in ADA compliant PDF format - no drafts.
- A cover sheet with the following information:
- Name and phone number of someone to contact in case of questions;
- Email address to have the notification emailed to you;
- Who the flyer is targeting: students, parents and/or staff;
- What grade level(s) the flyer is targeting - or - indicate the name of the school(s) to receive the flyer.
Note - Due to safety concerns, visual aesthetics and volume of requests, community-based signs and banners are prohibited on District property that is visible from the street.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Complete the form (linked below) and attach your flyer in an ADA compliant PDF.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR FLYER ADA ACCESSIBLE
- HHS Guide to Accessible PDFs
- Making PDFs ADA Compliant
- Create and Verify ADA Accessibility (Adobe Acrobat Pro DC)
The Flyer Approval Notification Form will provide you with distribution instructions; if not approved, you will receive decline information.
- These guidelines are based on USD 231 Board of Education policy KI - Distributing Materials in Schools. For additional information, please read this policy in its entirety.
- The Gardner Edgerton School District reserves the right to modify these procedures as necessary.