5th-grade Counseling Outline for 2015-2016
Aug. - Lesson: Meet the Counselor
Objective: The student will be able to:
- Identify the counselor
- Know how to access the counselor
- Know what the counselor’s role is within the school.
Sept.-Lesson: The Communication Formula /Communication
(Too Good for Violence Series/ Too Good for Drugs Series) -Self-Discipline and Honesty
Objective: the students will be able to:
- Differentiate between effective and ineffective communication.
- Define Verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Demonstrate verbal and non-verbal communication.
Oct. – Lesson: Bully Busters
(Too Good for Violence Series) - Caring, Courage, Cooperation, and Responsibility
Objective: The students will be able to:
- Define bully, target, and witness.
- List 5 Tips for dealing with bullies.