Welcome to the Edgerton Elementary Counselor's
Welcome! Edgerton Elementary is a wonderful place where everyone knows they belong and are needed to make our community complete! Cyclone Pride is all about each member of our amazing team being celebrated for the unique individual they are.
USD 231 guidance counselors conduct class lessons, counsel individual students, conduct small groups and consult with parents, teachers, and other professionals. They follow the USD 231 guidance counseling curriculum that is based on the Kansas Guidance Counseling Standards. Counselors serve the learning community with support for all students through typical stages of development.
Classroom guidance lessons also support the Six Pillars of Character as well as the following character traits:
- Caring and Compassion
- Acceptance and Tolerance
Students may be seen by the counselor individually or in a group when referred by parents, teachers, other school staff, or even the student. Counseling topics include, but are not limited to, friendship and social skills, divorce, grief, and self-esteem.
- loveandlogic.com This site provides practical techniques to make raising responsible children fun. Moonlight is a Love and Logic school, and parenting classes are offered each fall.
- http://positivediscipline.com The mission of this website is to create peace in homes and classrooms. It offers some great resource information.
- http://kidshealth.org This site provides good, to the point information about a wide range of child issues, from self-esteem to grieving to divorce to stress.
- http://connectwithkids.com The fourth-grade students will have Connect with Kids lessons which teach them everyday life skills such as loyalty, tolerance, courage, and kindness. This site provides the home link essential for our CWK program.
- http://moralintelligence.com Look here for lots of advice about parenting, bullying prevention, and behavior strategies.
- http://cyberkids.com This site about internet safety is for kids and parents.