Technology support for district Chromebooks is provided at Gardner Edgerton High School in the technology classroom off of the Media Center. Students can get support for their Chromebooks during normal school hours.
Chromebook Care and Handling
The Chromebook is fun to use and a great tool for learning, but it is not a toy. Remember, it is still a computer and, as such, it must be handled with care. There are several things you can do to make your Chromebook last longer and offer you a trouble-free and rewarding learning experience.
- One of the best features of your Chromebook is the fact that it is portable. It enables you to take your homework and information wherever you go. When transporting your Chromebook, there are a few simple things you can do to protect it.
- When you put your Chromebook in your protective case, remember it is there. Don’t throw the protective case on the floor, use it as a backrest on the bus, cram it in your locker or backpack, etc.
- Place it in its protective case when you’re not using it. It is especially important that your Chromebook be in the protective case whenever you’re moving it from one location to another.
- Keep your Chromebook dry, and protect it from rain and snow and any liquid.
- Do not eat or drink near where you are using your Chromebook.
- Close the lid of your Chromebook before carrying it from one location to another. This ensures all mechanical and moving parts are not damaged during transit. Moving the Chromebook with the lid open also makes it more difficult to handle. Always use two hands when handling your Chromebook
- Close your Chromebook carefully—don’t slam it shut!
- Do not use your Chromebook as a folder to store papers.
- Use your Chromebook on a flat, hard, stable surface.
- Do not insert things, especially metal objects, into the openings of your Chromebook.
- Plug in your Chromebook when you get home from school so that your battery is fully charged for the next day.
- Wipe surfaces lightly with a clean, soft cloth.
- Do NOT use water or other cleaning solutions on your Chromebook.
- To keep the screen clean, do not touch the screen with your fingers.
- The Power Cable should be lined up straight with the connector when inserting and removing.
- Be careful not to jerk/pull/twist your Chromebook around when the cables are attached.
- Your Chromebook is a wireless only device.
- A wireless network is required to use the device
- There are MANY free wireless “Hot Spots” in Gardner including:
- Johnson Co Library
- Price Chopper
- GroundHouse Coffee
- Pizza Hut
- Heiwa Asian
- Taco Bell/KFC
- Budget Coin Laundry