Thanks for working to keep all Madison Elementary students safe.
EAST PARKING LOT –
· Used at dismissal for those parents wanting to park and walk to get their child.
· The “loop” is to be used only by school busses – no parking at anytime.
· The doors on the east side of the building are locked at all times. A staff member will be supervising students being picked up by an adult at the end of the day. A staff member will be escorting students on and off busses.
· The east parking area is not to be used except at 3:25 PM dismissal.
WEST PARKING LOT-
· Used for all students being dropped off by cars in the morning. Please pull all the way forward before having your child exit the vehicle using the right side door only. Use left lane only after you have unloaded children or to enter the parking lot.
· No parking in the west side “loop” from 7:30 – 8:30 AM or 3:00 – 4:00 PM.
· At dismissal vehicles must enter from Madison Street, merge to the left, and wind through the parking lot. A staff member will ask for names of children you are picking up and use radio to have supervisor send them out the northwest door. Please pull all the way forward in the car loop and follow staff member directions.
BIKE RIDERS & WALKERS-
· Students riding bikes or walking home will exit from the front doors. Any student needing to cross Madison or Waverly Street must walk to the intersection and follow the cross guard’s direction. Students are asked to “walk their bike” on school grounds.
· Teachers will escort students to the bus and JCPRD. Parents picking up their morning Kindergarten student should utilize the west loop / parking lot. You may park in a designated parking spot and walk to get your child OR you may wait in the car loop and your child will walk to your car.
CHANGE OF TRANSPORTATION FORMS-
· Let your child’s teacher know how your child will be leaving from school. If you need to make a change contact the office with a note or phone call no later than 3:00 PM. A child will not be allowed to go home in a different manner unless they have a CHANGE OF TRANSPORTATION FORM.