Participating in Sports at Pioneer Ridge
Students who wish to participate in activities and athletics at Pioneer Ridge Middle School should:
1. Meet all eligibility requirements of the Kansas State High School Activities Association (KSHSAA).
2. Have a current physical and insurance waiver on file with the PRMS Athletic Office. Note: physicals for the upcoming school year should be obtained after May 1 of the current year (i.e., your physical for the 2012/13 school year must have been obtained after May 1, 2012.)
Please see the PRMS office for the standard physical form or click below to download a printable physical packet.
Click here for the complete physical forms required (8 pages).
3. Have a current Activity Picture and Activity Website Parental Release Form on file with the PRMS Athletic Office.
4. Be aware of the USD 231 Code of Conduct, contained in the Student's Planner.
If you have questions about the requirements to participate in activities or athletics at Pioneer Ridge Middle School, please contact Activities Director Stan Watchous at 913.856.7768, or via email at email@example.com.
Sportsmanship in Gardner Edgerton USD 231
There are clear expectations for our players, coaches, parents, and fans in regard to sportsmanship. It is important that persons involved in an interscholastic contest portray their school and community in a positive light. The following statements are from the KSHSAA Handbook:
1. Be courteous to all.
2. Know the rules, abide by the official's decisions.
3. Win with character and lose with dignity.
4. Display appreciation for good performance regardless of the team.
5. Exercise self-control and reflect positively upon yourself, team, and school.
6. Permit only positive sportsmanlike behavior to reflect on your school or its activities.